Space Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Space Era

Space Era is an original multiverse created in 1990 by Sam Manzie. This Forum is for the discussion and development of the Space Era universe.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Atmospheric Entry and Planetary Landing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Samash
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
Samash

Atmospheric Entry and Planetary Landing Empty
PostSubject: Atmospheric Entry and Planetary Landing   Atmospheric Entry and Planetary Landing Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14 2018, 17:36

Currently, certain starships and auxiliary craft can enter an atmosphere, which takes up no additional mass, but increases the cost of a hull frame. I am thinking that it is possible that a ship or craft may be able to enter an atmosphere, but not land, thus should I add "Landing Struts" or something similar that allow a ship to land?

Also, maybe add "Immersion Shield Modification" that allows a ship to travel underwater, or inside the upper atmosphere of a gas giant?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://space-era.forumotion.co.uk/
Mestes1701
Commander
Commander
Mestes1701

PostSubject: Re: Atmospheric Entry and Planetary Landing   Atmospheric Entry and Planetary Landing Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14 2018, 17:55

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you should consider allowing ships to land. Star Trek did it with the USS Voyager.
Back to top Go down
Samash
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
Samash

PostSubject: Re: Atmospheric Entry and Planetary Landing   Atmospheric Entry and Planetary Landing Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14 2018, 17:57

That's what I am saying. I did already have ships with Atmospheric Entry Capability, but i should have Planetfall Capability as a separate thing.

And Immersion Shield Modification?
Back to top Go down
https://space-era.forumotion.co.uk/
Mestes1701
Commander
Commander
Mestes1701

PostSubject: Re: Atmospheric Entry and Planetary Landing   Atmospheric Entry and Planetary Landing Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15 2018, 04:53

Ah, well in that case I agree. wholeheartedly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Atmospheric Entry and Planetary Landing   Atmospheric Entry and Planetary Landing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Atmospheric Entry and Planetary Landing
Page 1 of 1