Space Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Space Era

Space Era is an original multiverse created in 1990 by Sam Manzie. This Forum is for the discussion and development of the Space Era universe.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some Input Needed

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Samash
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
Samash

Some Input Needed Empty
PostSubject: Some Input Needed   Some Input Needed Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20 2017, 01:45

Hey [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I am currently working on the Starshp Design Spreadsheets. I am trying to determine how powerful to make torpedoes. At the moment, a Medium Photon Torpedo has a yield of 1,500 firepower, and a Galaxy-class has a Shield Strength of 44,000. That means a Galaxy-class Heavy Explorer can sustain 30 hits to its shields from a standard Medium Photon Torpedo (or 12 Quantum Torpedoes). Does that seem reasonable?

The weakest Medium Torpedo is a Fusion Torpedo, that has a strength of 300, meaning a Galaxy-class can sustain 147 direct hits.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
https://space-era.forumotion.co.uk/
Mestes1701
Commander
Commander
Mestes1701

Some Input Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Input Needed   Some Input Needed Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20 2017, 01:51

Yes I do think that is reasonable, though you might want to set a baseline for which to compare torpedoes, much as how DITL has a Galaxy's strength in all areas as 1,000, then compares other ships to that.
Back to top Go down
Samash
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
Samash

Some Input Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Input Needed   Some Input Needed Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20 2017, 01:54

I already have a Combat Factor calculator than determines the overall combat strength of a starship.
Back to top Go down
https://space-era.forumotion.co.uk/
Mestes1701
Commander
Commander
Mestes1701

Some Input Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Input Needed   Some Input Needed Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20 2017, 02:11

Okay, then nothing I can think of right now. You should be set. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Some Input Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Input Needed   Some Input Needed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some Input Needed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Space Era :: Space Era: Nova :: Background & Setting-
Jump to: