Space Era - Nova

Space Era is an original multiverse created in 1990 by Steve Manzie. This Forum is for the discussion and development of the Space Era universe.

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Some Input Needed

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Samash
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

PostSubject: Some Input Needed   Thu Apr 20 2017, 01:45

Hey [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I am currently working on the Starshp Design Spreadsheets. I am trying to determine how powerful to make torpedoes. At the moment, a Medium Photon Torpedo has a yield of 1,500 firepower, and a Galaxy-class has a Shield Strength of 44,000. That means a Galaxy-class Heavy Explorer can sustain 30 hits to its shields from a standard Medium Photon Torpedo (or 12 Quantum Torpedoes). Does that seem reasonable?

The weakest Medium Torpedo is a Fusion Torpedo, that has a strength of 300, meaning a Galaxy-class can sustain 147 direct hits.

What do you think?

Check out my [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], let me know what you think, and if there's anything you want me to add / expand on.

Also the more recent [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. But I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived. After all, Number One, we're only mortal."
Back to top Go down
http://space-era.forumotion.co.uk/
Mestes1701
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: Some Input Needed   Thu Apr 20 2017, 01:51

Yes I do think that is reasonable, though you might want to set a baseline for which to compare torpedoes, much as how DITL has a Galaxy's strength in all areas as 1,000, then compares other ships to that.
Back to top Go down
Samash
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Some Input Needed   Thu Apr 20 2017, 01:54

I already have a Combat Factor calculator than determines the overall combat strength of a starship.

Check out my [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], let me know what you think, and if there's anything you want me to add / expand on.

Also the more recent [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. But I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived. After all, Number One, we're only mortal."
Back to top Go down
http://space-era.forumotion.co.uk/
Mestes1701
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: Some Input Needed   Thu Apr 20 2017, 02:11

Okay, then nothing I can think of right now. You should be set. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Input Needed   

Back to top Go down

Some Input Needed